The real experiences of a thirty-something girl and a brutal look at dating, depression, social observations and the society around her.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

No, Nope, Nada

I wen to go get my hair highlighted and cut today. The woman who owns the place is a feisty, amazingly funny person, who I've come to know pretty well.

Today, however, I felt like a looser.

Her: 'So, any guys in your life?'
Me: 'No.'
Her: 'No? Not at all.'
Me: 'Nope, I'm always working'
Her: 'Well, you go out for drinks after work and stuff, right?'
Me: 'No, not really. I leave work and go home because I have more work to do.'
Her: 'Hmmm.'

A little while later.

Her: 'Been to any concerts?'
Me: 'Nope. I never have time, or the money these days.'

Later on.

Her: 'What are you doing the rest of the day?'
Me: 'Maybe kayak. I don't know. Nothing really planned.'

It's 643pm on a Saturday night and I'm going to WalMart with my Dad to pick up stuff for dinner.

Not really sure when I went from spending more time out in bars and concerts to my phone not making a peep on a Saturday night... Or any night for that matter.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. I was like that once but then I meet my wonderful husband 17 years ago. New follower from blog hop would love a follow back http://adventuresfrugalmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. Thank you for linking up to our Weekend Gathering Hops! Your blog name caught my eye! I wish you had ways to connect with you? GFC, FB? :)

    http://beautybrite.com
    http://beeskneesreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete